Saturday, November 22, 2008

Good Lord! Not burning crosses again!


The e-mail from Jeff in this morning's post was titled, Merry KKKhristmas. It led to the above photo which is of an American Family Association product called the Christmas Cross, "the Original Christmas Cross yard decoration." I checked to see if it was just a single spoof web page, but it seems to be from an actual site selling Christian and agriculturally themed products.

Looking for an effective way to express your Christian faith this Christmas season to honor our Lord Jesus? Now you can.... with the "Original Christmas Cross" yard decoration.

At first I questioned whether it was all that original to stick a lit-up cross in someone's front yard, and then I realized that voluntarily putting one in your own front yard is fairly original, or at least a wacky variation on a frightening old theme. The tongue is not purposely in the cheek here, but you have to wonder how incidental the racist undertones are. Plus, I checked the price and it mentioned a 'suggested donation' of $81.85, so I'm guessing there won't be a lot of tax coming in off these. The whole thing just seems creepy to me.

I don't know where Jeff keeps finding this stuff; he also brought us the Talking Jesus Doll and the Armor of God Pajamas (sword not included) which are also both worth checking out.

No comments: