Sunday, June 22, 2008

Talking Jesus Doll: Tongue-in-cheek?


Sometimes I come across an ad or a web page and can't quite tell whether it's a parody or not. The Talking Jesus Doll, I'm pretty sure that this one is not a parody. It's worth checking out and it's definitely worth watching the two minute commercial which could easily be used a sketch on This Hour Has 22 Minutes,SNL or Mad TV without any editing.

And it's not just because the doll version of Jesus' voice sounds a whole lot more like Mr. Ed than I would've imagined, or the fact that the announcer stops just short of plugging the Messiah's kung-fu grip. One thing is for sure, this is going to lead to a whole lot more Jesus skits on Robot Chicken.

I haven't enjoyed a religious children's product this much since the Armor of God Pyjamas and thanks again to Jeff who keeps finding this stuff for me.

No comments: