Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Devil didn't make him do it


This image was originally posted at The Guardian Online

There is a three part documentary coming out on the BBC later this month that claims that George Bush blamed his invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan on conversations he had with God. Bush, as per usual, has offered no proof of these monumental discussions.

The Guardian ran two articles on the subject this week; George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq' and White House denies Bush God claims He was speaking with a group of Palestinian delegates about four months after the invasion of Iraq.
One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

I wonder if it was God who told him to steal two elections, drill in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, abandon New Orleans to the flood, and eat the poor? I also wonder what this God will suggest next.

No comments: